FoodShare welcomes applications from persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds.
There are 2 positions available for applicants currently receiving Ontario Works and living in Toronto to join FoodShare on a 50 week contract as Community Food Animators. Applicants MUST meet this criteria and follow the Investing in Neighbourhoods application process to be eligible. Applications are due by September 26, 2014.
Student Nutrition Community Development Animators (2 contract positions available)
Student Nutrition Toronto, through FoodShare Toronto, is seeking 2 full time Student Nutrition Community Development Animations. We are looking for passionate community developers with student nutrition program experience to engage and develop school and community support to establish new and continue existing sustainable meal programs.
- The Animator’s role is to work directly with the school, community, local program coordinators and volunteers to implement and develop their Student Nutrition Programs by offering ongoing support and capacity building to ensure program sustainability.
- Animators provide assistance to local program coordinators and volunteers with program administration, resource development, menu planning and serving costing, volunteer recruitment and partnership connections.
- Experience working with student nutrition programs, mobilizing students, teachers, parents and the local community
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of student and youth nutrition
- Past job working independently as well as in a group
- Strong oral speaking and interpersonal skills, comfortable meeting and working with a variety of people
- Experience working with community organizations and/or community development work
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in word, excel, email and internet
- Experience working with volunteers
- Basic awareness of safe food handling
- Ability to create tools and resources necessary to support Student Nutrition Programs
- Openness to change and adaptability in a growing program
Considered as assets
- Drivers license
- Other language(s)
- Prior experience working in a student nutrition program
- Prior experience working with diverse communities
- Experience in large-scale food handling
- Ability to prepare reports and budgets
Hours and compensation:
- Full-time 37.5 hours per week / $36,000 annual salary pro-rated for a 10 month contract, plus benefits
- Some early mornings or evening meetings required. FoodShare’s generous benefits package included for both full and part time staff.
Contract position: Starting date Nov 3, 2014 and ending June 26, 2015.
To Apply: Please email, deliver or fax your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Fiona Bowser, firstname.lastname@example.org, FoodShare, 90 Croatia Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6H 1K9. Fax (416) 363 0474.
Deadline for all applications: Friday October 3, 2014 at 5:00pm
We would like to thank all applicants; however, we will only be contacting those candidates selected for an interview.
Join environmentalist and broadcaster David Suzuki, 100-Mile Diet co-author J.B. MacKinnon and FoodShare food justice expert Utcha Sawyers in a discussion on how each of us can bring about real change, at the community, municipal and national level. Our focus: local food systems.More Details »
Join our fall book club meeting featuring Janet Poppendieck's Free For All: Fixing School Food in America.More Details »