- Drives FoodShare’s cube van trucks or mini-vans, delivering produce and prepared catered meals.
- Delivers orders for the Good Food Box, Mobile and Good Food Markets, Fresh Produce for schools and agencies, and supports the operation of the Mobile Good Food markets as is needed in a timely fashion to all parts of the City of Toronto.
- Represents FoodShare Toronto and provides courteous, respectful and excellent customer service to the diverse customers and supporters of FoodShare.
- Delivers cash and checks received from customers, providing 100% accountability for cash that is reconciled with the bookkeepers and Good Food Box Manager.
- Ensures all produce ordered is received and in good condition and that the count for each delivery is proper so that deliveries run smoothly.
- As time permits, and as assigned, picks up produce at the Ontario Food Terminal and suppliers as needed and delivers it to warehouse.
- As time permits, and as assigned, works in the warehouse to support the Good Food Box, Mobile and Good Food Markets and Fresh Produce Programs as needed including receiving produce and cleaning the warehouse.
- As time permits, and as assigned, helps with the Good Food Box packing day and School Order set up day.
- As time permits, and as assigned, assists in servicing the trucks and in maintaining the warehouse.
- Participates in FoodShare internal committees, attends staff meetings and, as time permits and are agreed upon, takes on other responsibilities and tasks.
Hours and Compensation
At $18/hr for 35 hours a week, this position is a 1-year contract opportunity offered in partnership with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training and Service Canada. The Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) is an integrated approach to Aboriginal labour market programming and ensures that Canada’s Aboriginal people can fully participate in economic opportunities.Applicants must be able to register at Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training (First Nations, Inuit or Métis background) and have been recently unemployed or underemployed. Please self-identify in your application.
Come to Raw 4 Health & Wellness Workshops to learn how to make your own non-dairy milk!More Details »
You will learn about different pollinators with a focus on bees and learn how to create habitats for various kinds of bees in your yard! This is a hands on class where you will build a habitat and take it home.More Details »
Join GOOD FOOD FOR GOOD at Montgomery's Inn for the second EAT 2 FEED TO dinner, featuring the flavours of India and Mexico paired with local wines.More Details »