How to Donate
Donations can be made online, or by mailing a cheque payable to FoodShare Toronto:
90 Croatia St.
Toronto, ON. M6H 1K9
Supporting FoodShare is Easy,
and its Impacts Grow and Grow
Every day we hear from people who eat healthy and feel better because of FoodShare. Parents delighted that their child discovered broccoli at school and wants it now at home. New moms who have found the confidence to prepare affordable home-cooked food for their babies. Neighbours who take such pride in new-found skills, delicious healthy food and new community. And so many more…
It’s because people like you share with us to make it all possible.
Many people support the work that FoodShare does by donating money or in-kind resources, attending a fundraising event or by volunteering – and sometimes by all four.
Almost half of all of FoodShare’s funding comes from individuals like you who help us with whatever they can afford, and we are so thankful for your support! Click here for more information on how we are funded.
- Some of our donors contribute through a monthly pre-authorized deduction from their bank account or credit card. It makes budgeting simpler for them, and even $20 per month makes a huge difference to our ability to budget and organize our programs in the most sustainable way possible.
- Some people prefer to make their donations at a particular time of the year. They choose when they donate, and send a cheque or call to provide a credit card number.
- Sometimes donors choose to donate to FoodShare in honour of a like-minded relative or friend’s special event.
- Sometimes a party or event becomes an occasion to support FoodShare, and guests are asked to contribute instead of giving a gift.
- Some people choose to do what is known as Planned Giving, arranging to leave FoodShare a bequest in their will.
- Sometimes people make in-kind donations of just about anything you could think of that would help the organization and our programs run, things like gardening equipment, cookbooks, professional services, office supplies, equipment and even furniture.
- And sometimes a like-minded organization might choose to sponsor a FoodShare event or initiative, donate a product that we could auction off to support our work, or even bring a group of employees to FoodShare for a team-building day.
All of this support is absolutely vital to providing the core funding that keeps our programs going.
Please contact Adrienne De Francesco at email@example.com, or via telephone at 416.363.6441 x226, and she would be pleased to assist with any arrangements or answer any questions you may have. Correspondence can also be mailed to 90 Croatia Street, Toronto, ON M6H 1K9.
Please know that however you choose to give, we cherish your support, which is so vital to our work. We send you our warmest thanks, on behalf of all those we can help because of you.
Over the years, supporters like you have helped FoodShare pioneer – and then share – some of the most effective food access programs in North America --- programs that have made a real difference in the lives of countless people in Toronto, programs that continue to give, because they provide tools and support that change people’s behaviour and are also passed on to others.
With your help we now reach more than 155,000 children and adults every single month across the city, bringing them fresh, nutritious, affordable food, and cultivating the knowledge and skills that build healthy communities.
It is also possible to make a general donation through our secure online donation service by clicking on the Canada Helps link button below, and selecting FoodShare Toronto from their organization list.
We are registered with Canadahelps.org, a non-profit, secure online donation site that serves many Canadian charities. Just click above and you will go directly to a page where you can donate to FoodShare.
You will receive an immediate tax receipt via email, and we will receive 100% of your donation (minus credit card fees). We'll send you a note of acknowledgement when we receive the donation from Canada Helps.
FoodShare Toronto is a registered Canadian charity.
Our registration number is 10739 2359 RR0001.
A charitable tax receipt will be issued for all donations shortly after we receive the donation.
Toronto Compost Leaders present... Worm Share Launch!
Drop by to get special (red-wiggler) worms and information on how to start and maintain your own worm-composter.
On May 25, the Ontario Food Terminal will open its doors to the public for one day in support of FoodShare! Tour the Terminal, meet farmers and wholesalers, and enjoy a delicious healthy meal prepared by our very own Field to Table Catering.More Details »
Are you an educator, teacher or parent? Interested in integrating more nature-based activities in your repertoire?
Then join FoodShare's Field to Table Schools team for a day of nature connections!