How to Donate
|Supporting FoodShare is easy, and its impacts grow and grow. You are an important member of our FoodShare team, and we value your support.|
|Donate Now||Monthly Giving||Planned Giving||Honour or Celebrate|
|Stocks & Assets||Host an Event||Sponsorship||Gifts In Kind|
For more information on how you can support FoodShare, please contact Ed Bashiti by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416.363.6441 x272.
For a simple and cost effective way to make your donation, download a donation form here.
Over the years, supporters like you have helped FoodShare pioneer, champion, and share some of the most effective food programs in North America, and every day we hear from people like you who eat healthy and feel better because of FoodShare.
Click here to donate now.
FoodShare gladly accepts donations by mail made out to FoodShare Toronto, and sent to the address below. Please note that you are making a donation on your cheque, or download a donation form here.
90 Croatia Street, Toronto, Ontario.
Contribute to FoodShare through a monthly pre-authorized deduction from your bank account or credit card. It makes budgeting simple, and even $20 per month makes a huge difference to our ability to budget and operate our programs in the most sustainable way. Click here to donate now, or download a donation form here.
Some people choose to do what is known as Planned Giving, arranging to leave FoodShare a bequest in their will. When you feel you have made adequate provisions for your loved ones, there are several ways to remember FoodShare:
- Gifts of Cash through a Will: The most common type of planned gift is a bequest made in a will
- Gifts of Other Assets: Real estate, stocks, bonds, and other valuables can be donated through your will or while you are alive.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: A charitable gift can be made of a life insurance policy that you no longer need or by taking out a new policy. Please add a note that they should notify us if they make any arrangements and send us a copy of it if applicable
For more information on planned giving contact Ed Bashiti: 416.363.6441 x272, or email email@example.com.
- A donation tax receipt will be issued for the fair market value of the securities
- No capital gains tax owing if gifted to a public charity (e.g. FoodShare Toronto)
- Satisfaction of seeing your donation put to good use today
- An ‘un-needed’ asset is removed from your portfolio and converted to a charitable gift
- Opportunity to create a lasting charitable legacy
How it Works
To make a gift:
- Contact FoodShare, Fundraising Coordinator Ed Bashiti in at 416-363-6441 x272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive electronic transfer instructions.
- When your transferred appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more are received, they will immediately be sold.
- You will receive acknowledgement for your gift for the fair market value on the date of receipt.
- Your gift will be used to support our programs and our community-centered program model means that gifts impact the greatest number of people, providing tools and support that will keep giving.
- Whenever you make a stock donation, we ask that you or your broker please notify us of your intention. While we will receive information as to which brokerage firm initiated the stock transfer, more often than not, we are not provided with the donor’s name. Having you or your broker provide us with the details as to what is transferred and when will ensure that we credit you appropriately for your generosity.
- Click here to download a Letter of Direction for Transfer of Securities to FoodShare.
Host an Event
We love it when you host an event to support FoodShare. From a small intimate dinner, to a cooking class or potluck, your event can become an occasion to raise funds on behalf of FoodShare. We can help with creating online registration, providing you with materials about FoodShare, and with collection of funds. For more information on how you can host an event to support FoodShare contact Ed Bashiti: 416.363.6441 x272, or email email@example.com.
Support FoodShare by sponsoring one of our programs or events. Your support allows us to multiply our impacts, and opportunities can be carefully tailored to meet the goals of your group and create a relationship that works for you. For more information on how your sponsorship can support FoodShare contact Ed Bashiti: 416.363.6441 x272, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an ever-expanding wish list, and sometimes people make in-kind donations of just about anything you could think of – vehicles for us to get more good healthy food into communities, air miles for our staff to attend training, office furniture and garden tools – to help our programs run. Check out our wish list here, or for more information on how your gift in-kind can support FoodShare contact Ed Bashiti: 416.363.6441 x272, or email email@example.com, or download a donation form here.
FoodShare Toronto is a registered Canadian charity. Our registration number is 10739 2359 RR0001. A charitable tax receipt will be issued for all donations shortly after we receive the donation.
Evergreen Brick Works' annual Seedy Saturday takes place on March 8 and 9. Find rare seeds and get inspired by the great work happening in your neighbourhood and across the city.More Details »
Find rare seeds you donít see in stores
Support the local growers who keep these seeds alive
Swap your seeds with other gardeners (or learn how to do it for next year)
Learn new gardening tips
Get inspired by the great work happening in your neighbourhood and across the city
The Scarborough Seedy Saturday, partnering with the Scarborough Green Fair, hosts a day of fun for gardeners and greeners of all ages.More Details »