Donate & Support
|Donate Now||Monthly Giving||Planned Giving||Honour or Celebrate|
|Stocks & Assets||Host an Event||Sponsorship||Gifts In Kind|
You are an important member of our FoodShare team, and we value your support. FoodShare is proud to receive a 4-star rating from Charity Intelligence Canada recognizing our accountability to donors, financial transparency and cost-efficiency.
For more information on how you can support FoodShare please contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email email@example.com. For a simple and cost effective way to make your donation, download a donation form here.
Over the years, supporters like you have helped FoodShare pioneer, champion, and share some of the most effective food programs in North America, and every day we hear from people like you who eat healthy and feel better because of FoodShare.
Click here to donate now.
FoodShare gladly accepts donations by mail made out to FoodShare Toronto, and sent to the address below. Please note that you are making a donation on your cheque, or download a donation form here.
90 Croatia Street, Toronto, Ontario.
Contribute to FoodShare through a monthly pre-authorized deduction from your bank account or credit card. It makes budgeting simple, and even $20 per month makes a huge difference to our ability to budget and operate our programs in the most sustainable way. Click here to donate now, or download a donation form here.
Some people choose to do what is known as Planned Giving, arranging to leave FoodShare a bequest in their will. When you feel you have made adequate provisions for your loved ones, there are several ways to remember FoodShare:
- Gifts of Cash through a Will: The most common type of planned gift is a bequest made in a will
- Gifts of Other Assets: Real estate, stocks, bonds, and other valuables can be donated through your will or while you are alive.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: A charitable gift can be made of a life insurance policy that you no longer need or by taking out a new policy. Please add a note that they should notify us if they make any arrangements and send us a copy of it if applicable
For more information on planned giving contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A donation tax receipt will be issued for the fair market value of the securities
- No capital gains tax owing if gifted to a public charity (e.g. FoodShare Toronto)
- Satisfaction of seeing your donation put to good use today
- An ‘un-needed’ asset is removed from your portfolio and converted to a charitable gift
- Opportunity to create a lasting charitable legacy
How it Works
To make a gift:
- Contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email email@example.com.
- When your transferred appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more are received, they will immediately be sold.
- You will receive acknowledgement for your gift for the fair market value on the date of receipt.
- Your gift will be used to support our programs and our community-centered program model means that gifts impact the greatest number of people, providing tools and support that will keep giving.
- Whenever you make a stock donation, we ask that you or your broker please notify us of your intention. While we will receive information as to which brokerage firm initiated the stock transfer, more often than not, we are not provided with the donor’s name. Having you or your broker provide us with the details as to what is transferred and when will ensure that we credit you appropriately for your generosity.
- Click here to download a Letter of Direction for Transfer of Securities to FoodShare.
Host an Event
We love it when you host an event to support FoodShare. From a small intimate dinner, to a cooking class or potluck, your event can become an occasion to raise funds on behalf of FoodShare. We can help with creating online registration, providing you with materials about FoodShare, and with collection of funds. For more information on how you can host an event to support FoodShare contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support FoodShare by sponsoring one of our programs or events. Your support allows us to multiply our impacts, and opportunities can be carefully tailored to meet the goals of your group and create a relationship that works for you. For more information on how your sponsorship can support FoodShare contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email email@example.com.
We have an ever-expanding wish list, and sometimes people make in-kind donations of just about anything you could think of – vehicles for us to get more good healthy food into communities, air miles for our staff to attend training, office furniture and garden tools – to help our programs run. Check out our wish list here, or for more information on how your gift in-kind can support FoodShare contact 416.363.6441 x402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FoodShare Toronto is a registered Canadian charity. Our registration number is 10739 2359 RR0001. A charitable tax receipt will be issued for all donations shortly after we receive the donation.
Experience our tried-and-true, curriculum-connected food literacy workshops, bringing plants & gardening, cooking & tasting, and soil & composting to life for students from JK - Grade 12. Learn from our dynamic team of FoodShare educators and connect with a network of food and garden educators across the city and province!More Details »
Earn the envy of your friends and neighbours as you continue to harvest fresh vegetables from your garden even when there is snow on the ground! In this workshop you will learn inexpensive ways to keep your garden productive longer, and to get a head start in the spring.
Using fresh fall strawberries, you will learn jam making and canning techniques with Sybil Pinnock. She will teach you how to pick the right fruit, preparation of the fruit and of jars, and give experienced advice on different recipes for jams. All participants will have hands on opportunities to learn from start to finish and take home jars of jam.More Details »