Announcing FoodShare's First Cookbook!
Click here to listen to a conversation with authors Adrienne De Francesco and Marion Kane on rabble.ca.
Delicious Dishes from FoodShare and Friends
by Adrienne De Francesco with Marion Kane foreword by Frances Moore Lappé
A delight for the palate and for the eye, share showcases the joy of healthy, affordable culturally-diverse cooking and highlights the power of good food to bring people together. Celebrate home-cooked meals with Adrienne De Francesco and Marion Kane as they guide you through recipes that are thoughtfully selected, carefully tested and thoroughly delicious. Feast on contributions from FoodShare's chefs, staff, volunteers and program participants, along with local celebrities who all share their favourite recipes in this beautiful full-colour cookbook.
"Mmmm…these recipes are so original and tempting, you can practically smell the fresh tang of coriander and lemon as you read! It’s my kind of cookbook, succulent but simple dishes, sparkling pictures and all so encouragingly wholesome. This lively book actually lives up to FoodShare’s name! Make the food. Share the love. Support the wonderful work!"
~Michele Landsberg, writer
"The diversity of recipes matches the beautiful diversity that graces all FoodShare programs and the communities they serve. The beautiful photography will have you dreaming of meals to come. This book is bound to be a bestselling collection to cherish."
~Julie Daniluk, co-host of the Oprah Winfrey Network’s The Healthy Gourmet
“A much-needed and practical resource for healing our broken food system. FoodShare's ability to involve its friends, young and old, in this growing ‘Good Food Revolution’ is critical to the success of efforts to make nutritious and affordable food accessible at every level.”
—Will Allen, author of The Good Food Revolution
The book is a cornucopia for Good Food lovers, a collection of 100 fantastic and diverse recipes alongside gorgeous photos and empowering stories exploring a just food system. You'll find:
- FoodShare favourites from our chefs like Sybil Pinnock’s Jerk Chicken/Jerk Tofu, our award-winning Caesar Salad with Golden Whisk Vegan Dressing, Curried Roasted Squash Soup, Kenyan Kale, and Baked Bannock
- Outstanding and diverse contributions from the FoodShare community of staff, volunteers, partners and friends, such as Pumpkin Leaves in Peanut Butter Sauce with Millet Sadza, Egyptian Koshary, Yogurt Cucumber Soup with Walnuts (Tarator), Persian Chicken and Walnut Stew (Khoresh), Korean Beef Ribs (Kalbi), Red Meat in Whole Spices (Kata Moshlar Mangsho), Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms and Rainbow Quinoa Salad
- Michele Landsberg's sought-after Latke recipe, Jamie Kennedy’s Poached Eggs with Bacon Rosti and Tomatoes, Immune Boosting Soup from Julie Daniluk, Roasted Celery Root Mash with Sautéed Mushrooms, Kale, and Pepper Purée from Toronto Chef Jared Davis, Winlai Wong's Fried Rice, Swiss Chard Rolls from culinary arts students at Bendale Technical Institute, Jack Layton's Bouillabaisse, Art Eggleton's Indian Spiced Shrimp, Harriett Friedmann's Gumbo, and precious perfected favourites from co-author Marion Kane like her Sticky Toffee Pudding.
About the Authors
Adrienne De Francesco is a creative home cook who knows FoodShare inside out. She delights in exploring and sharing all things food: where it comes from and how to grow it, to the many ways in which it feeds us all, body and soul.
Marion Kane has been a leader in the world of food writing for more than 30 years and has authored three cookbooks. She was food editor/columnist for Canada’s largest newspaper, the Toronto Star, for 18 years and is now a freelance food sleuth, writer, broadcaster, and cook.
Click on the links below for more share media and photos:
- Listen to a conversation or read an interview with authors Adrienne De Francesco and Marion Kane.
- Watch an interview on Good Food Revolution.
- View photos from the share launch party held in FoodShare's Fresh Produce warehouse.
More Praise for share:
“share celebrates diverse dishes from around the world, and the colourful photos will inspire anyone to try these recipes in their home kitchen. This is a must-have resource on how to eat—and live—well.”
—Winlai Wong, chef
"This beautiful cookbook offers not only insightful, delicious, seasonal recipes, but also a window into a wonderful organization, FoodShare. Each recipe shares not just amounts, ingredients, and techniques but also the joy and love of cooking that is the soul of the kitchen—whether in a home or in a restaurant!"
—Aaron Joseph Bear Robe, chef/owner, Keriwa Cafe
“A book you can not only read, but actually cook with—giving you more reasons to garden, shop locally and sustainably, and share a home-cooked meal with family and friends.”
—Wayne Roberts, writer and food policy analyst
Join FoodShare's team of passionate parents who are Saying Yes! to Good Healthy Food at home.
During this two hour free workshop you'll learn valuable tips and tricks for connecting children and youth of all ages to the joys of cooking and enjoying healthy, delicious recipes together
The Mac and Cheese Festival and FoodShare partner to bring gourmet mac and cheese to the summer melt!More Details »
Join us for the 2015 Annual General Meeting followed by Community Dinner!More Details »